CENTER OF GRACE ELL PRESCHOOL
LEAD TEACHER JOB DESCRIPTION
- Will be accountable to the Executive Director
- Will be responsible for the arrangement of the room which includes but is not limited to: activity centers, decorating bulletin boards, displaying children’s art work, etc.
- Will set up classroom prior to the beginning of each semester and be responsible for cleaning and storage at the end of each semester
- Will be responsible for daily planning/preparation of room before school, and cleanup process at the end of the day
- Will delegate responsibilities to the assistant teachers and volunteers when needed
- Will follow guidelines for health, sanitation and safety as outlined by Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Will be responsible for supervision and management of children’s safety and well-being at all times. This includes being aware of children’s individual needs and or problems as well as the entire group
- Will maintain a positive, professional attitude at all times to ensure the best possible learning environment for the children
- Will act as an appropriate role model for children
- Will promote the positive image of the program
- Will create literacy packages and distribute them once/month
- Will visit preschool families once/semester
- Will help with class lists, parent orientation and weekly attendance
- Lead teacher will be responsible for creating and implementing age and developmentally appropriate classroom curriculum
- Lead teacher will post written daily lesson plans, monthly newsletters and calendars and submit these to the Director two weeks prior to posting for review.
- Will document each child’s progress and development and communicate with parents
- Will report any delays or developmental concerns to Director for follow up
- Communicate with parents by e-mail, phone, formal and informal meetings, and newsletters
- Interact and communicate effectively with children and parents in a warm and friendly manner.
The lead will maintain professionalism and confidentiality at all times. Any matters that require reporting will be shared with the Director.